Monday, May 19, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler QAL







Hi friends! I am checking in to show you my completed Layer Cake Sampler quilt along blocks. Today is the final day to link up your completed quilt top on Amanda's blog for the chance to win some great prizes. As you can see, my top is not exactly finished and the blocks are spread out on my guest room floor...






sweetwater road 15 layer cake blocks sampler



I don't have the Bella solid in snow for the sashing and was unable to find it locally. (Well, that is not entirely true, I was unable to find it at a price I was willing to pay. I mean, $9 for a solid, I don't think so!) So it has been ordered from Sew Lux Fabrics and should be here in a few days.

 I think these blocks have a definite older boy vibe which gives me a great idea for a wonderful charity to donate it to. More on that when I am finished!!

Happy Sewing,

Tessa Marie

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Love how this is turning out and so sweet of you to donate it to Val's project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and the white will work so well with it, best of luck completing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! At first I thought your carpet was the sashing and I loved it. Silly me. And $9 for a solid, indeed!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. is. great! I keep seeing all the blocks finished and finding a new favorite each time. I fully regret not participating now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, new here; Love. That. Quilt. All those amazing different ways to use the ubiquitous HST. And I too thought the carpet was sashing. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I try to respond to all of them, but if time doesn't permit, please know that I read every one and appreciate the time you took to connect with me :)

xo
Tessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...